Yokohama Fender is a floating fender system using buffering medium, which is better than the inflatable fender. It is widely used in port, offshore and ship to ship operations.
The Yokohama Fender can be used alone or in conjunction with other protective products. It is with high strength, high elasticity, high adhesion and maximum penetration and aging resistance.
There are 2 types of fenders:
1. Net-type fenders: Yokohama fender with tires and chains net, normally use the used car tire, but can also use the airplane tire.
2. Sling-type fender: Yokohama fender without tires and chains net, this type fender have smooth appearance.
*Initial internal pressure:
1. Pneumatic fender 50/0.05Mpa (initial internal pressure 50 KPa/0.05Mpa)
2. Pneumatic fender 80/0.08Mpa (initial internal pressure 80 KPa/0.08Mpa)
Application of Yokohama Fender
1. Tankers, Gas Carriers and Bulk Cargo Ships and fishing boats.
2. Fast ferries and aluminum hulled vessels;
3. Temporary of permanent installations;
4. Rapid response and emergency fendering;
5. As stand-off fenders to realign ships with shore facilities.
6.Fix the lifting rope to the swivels on the fender’s chain lugs
7.Lift the fender well clear of the ground and any projections.
8.Lowering the fender into position
9.Connect the chains to the fender’s chain lugs.
10.Lower the fender to the water.
11.Fix the chains to the anchors on the quay wall.