Introduction of marine airbag for ship launching
Marine airbags for ship launching has the optimal design and consists of five different functional membranes in the rubber layers.
1) Outer rubber layer
The outer rubber layer covers the exterior of the marine airbag to protect the lower layer from wear and other external forces. This compound has sufficient tensile and tears strength to withstand any conditions in use.
2) Inner rubber layer
The inner rubber layer seals the pressurized air inside the marine airbag.
3) Synthetic-tire-cord layer
The reinforcing cord layers made of synthetic-tire-cords commonly used for tires are arranged at a desired angle to maintain internal pressure and distribute stress evenly. So they can provide powerful and effective reinforcement.
4)Accessories: Pressure gage,valve,pulling ring, hose joint, three-way piece
How to choose suitable marine airbag size?
---Our factory manufactures marine airbag diameter from 0.6m up to 2.8m, length from 5.0m up to 24.0m, and layers from 3 to 10layers.
---If you are not sure the airbag size needed, could tell me the application, for ship launching, landing, marine salvage or caisson lifting. And ship length, width and weight, if possible, also need the height of support block. Then we will recommend you a most suitable airbag size.
Advantages of ship launching solution
1.Reducing the restriction on the terrain requires only sufficient ground carrying capacity and no sharp objects
2.Only a minimum of fixtures are required, need air compressors, winches and wire ropes.
3.Environmental protection does not harm the environment.
4. Save time and money, ship launching airbags are cheaper and more portable than other methods.
Procedure of launch a ship by marine airbags
1. Preparation work before the launch of the shipyard
Vessel skeg reinforcement
Seal the thruster holes, if have.
2. Basic equipments required for ship launching
Rigging equipments: winch, pulley, swivel joint, lifting lug, shackle, sling, ground anchor
Inflatable equipments: air compressor, inflatable tube
Airbag mobile equipments: forklift, mobile crane
3. Crew preparation
4. Rigging arrangement
5. Lifting the building blocks
6. Move the vessel forward
7. Ship launching
The arrangements of marine airbags
1. Type of launching
Depending on the shape of the ship, the ship can use the airbag to launch through the liner type (see A.2) or the lateral launch type (see A.3).
2. End launching type
(1) When using the end launching type, there are three ways to arrange the airbag. They are linear arranged (see A.1), staggered (see A.2) and two lines (see A.3). As for which arrangement to use, it depends on the width of the ship and the length of the airbag.
(2) When the width of the ship is not greater than the effective length of the airbag, a linear arrangement should be chosen.
(3) When the width of the ship is greater than the effective length of the airbag and less than the effective length of the two airbags, the staggered arrangement shall be selected.
(4) When the width of the ship is greater than the total effective length of the two airbags, or for special vessels such as catamaran HSC or split barges, two line arrangements shall be selected. The distance between the proximal ends of the two balloons is greater than 0.2 meters.